Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sponsors Needed: Intel Core i7 3930K and X79 Based Motherboard.

Well for almost 2 years, I've been satisfied with my Core i5 2500K. Having cranked this system between 4.2 to 4.5 GHz stable ever since has demonstrated on how great the Sandy Bridge Based Core i5s really were as overclocking processors.

However, I think it's almost time to call out a great successor, as a Computer Tech Lover, I always try to get the best without breaking the bank. I have some ideas in mind and would definitely wanted to get out of the P67 Platform for a while. I was looking at either a Z77 or X79 platform but Ivy Bridge isn't really as worth to upgrade to as the Sandy Bridge E.

I did test rigs with a Core i7 3960X from Last Year's Intel Extreme Masters at SITEX 2012 Singapore Expo where I visited every single day of the campaign. However I know that the Core i7 3960X and the i7 3970X is definitely way out of reach so the next best thing behind these would be the Core i7 3930K.

Also a 6-core / 12-threaded processor but having 3MB less Cache and 300MHz less clock speed. That doesn't really mean too much jack since you can still overclock that bad boy to match the performance of the Stock 3960X anyway. Intel IMO has been always on the ball when it comes to performance and overclocking potential.

Well, now I just don't have the budget to get it, but now I dream to have one of those Bad Boys. During the Intel Extreme Masters Last year at the Singapore Expo, there was a Small Boy who won Sean 'Flamga' and me in Unreal Tournament to win the Processor. Dafaq a small boy?! Lucky Chap!


No comments:

Post a Comment